You seem to have been blessed...your adoptive family found you at a crucial time in your growth and devolpment. Human beings learn to trust, love and develop bonds between ages 0-2. It's awesome that you were at some point able to connect with your biological mother/family because as much as we may not want to admit it, nature is just as much a factor in our development as nurture is. If I were to adopt, I would be very skeptical to do it with a child beyond infancy. It's a difficult journey. My aunt was a foster parent, she ended up adopting 3 children all of whom were between 4-9 when she did it. Let's just say that her journey was one that I would not voluntarily choose to follow.
You seem to have been blessed...your adoptive family found you at a crucial time in your growth and devolpment. Human beings learn to trust, love and develop bonds between ages 0-2. It's awesome that you were at some point able to connect with your biological mother/family because as much as we may not want to admit it, nature is just as much a factor in our development as nurture is.
ReplyDeleteIf I were to adopt, I would be very skeptical to do it with a child beyond infancy. It's a difficult journey. My aunt was a foster parent, she ended up adopting 3 children all of whom were between 4-9 when she did it. Let's just say that her journey was one that I would not voluntarily choose to follow.