Saturday, March 9, 2013

SC Bound

Six inches of snow ruined yesterdays travel planes. My Mom's morning flight (flying from MI to SC) was cancelled and rerouted through Chicago then delayed so she missed her connection & ended up in NC 14 hours later. She was picked up there by my foster parents & driven the rest of the way. What a blessing! My first flight was cancelled and then the second flight as well. I ended up staying in a hotel airport and am now on a plane this morning instead. Yesterday was crazy... Today will be better!!

Its a beautiful day! I'm currently in NC waiting on my next flight to SC. Everyone is so friendly down here. Its refreshing! So many thoughts and feeling have been overwhelming me this past week but today everything seems still and peaceful. Thursday morning there were tears... tears of joy that this time has finally arrived... that for the first time in 29 years I will meet, see and touch people related to me by blood. I look forward to sharing photos and many stories, catching up on the past three decades and creating new memories. At the same time I have inevitable tears of sadness, knowing that Mona (birth mother) will not be there to see or touch. That realization is still as harsh, painful and fresh to me now as it was the day I first heard about her death.

I am thankful for this day, blessed to have this opportunity, encouraged by the love and support from family, friends and strangers. I am joyful and grateful for this feeling of peace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment