Saturday, August 3, 2013

Looking Back


It was about this time last summer that I found out that Mona had passed only a few days after our first and only conversation (see past post for more details). As I look back on this past year I'm reminded of how blessed I am in life and specifically in this journey. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people reading this blog, sharing their stories with me and reaching out in support and comfort. I'm grateful for the gifts this journey has brought... The gift of speaking to my birth mom, meeting my half sister, niece and other relatives, strengthening the relationships with my adopted family, learning so much more about myself. I'm the type of person that loves bringing people together and creating experiences that provide human connection, meaningful interactions, great memories. I am reminded that I am small and that my story is only one of so many. I am humbled by my better understanding of grace, forgiveness and mercy.

The photo above is of my birth mother, Mona on either side of me in the middle. I think I'm in first grade in that photo and she must be around that same age range in her photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment