Let me catch you up on what I know so far:
- I was born in Greenville General Hospital on Sept. 13, 1982
- I was placed in a foster home as planned
- My birth mother took me back a couple months after for a short time but I ended up back foster care.
- The second foster family I was placed with (who are amazing people that I'm blessed to still be in touch with) I was with for 9 months before being adopted at 14 months old by David and Melanie Beelen
- I moved to Grand Rapids, MI which is where I spend the next 18 years
- In my pre-teen years I was allowed to read my adoption summary which informed me that my birth mom was raped, had a drug problem, was a dancer (not sure what type) and a previous daughter who was being raised by her mother.
Now that I'm getting names and addresses (current or not) its making this process more real. I know that I have a long way to go but having the "legal ok" is encouraging!
Kendra, once you start writing about what you found out today (tuesday) I will write more of the details I know about the early days of your life. Your time with Aunt Theta, the little we know about the waiting time we had and how much we were eager to meet you. Your birth mother is very close to the same age as Dad & I. Get some good sleep tonight. I am eager to hear what you are going to write next. So very grateful you are sharing this with me, with whomever else is reading this. Peace to you dear one... sweet peace tonight and in the days and weeks ahead. Loveth you. mom
ReplyDeleteohh I think its so cool she was a dancer!
ReplyDelete