The paperwork was mailed weeks ago and I'm just waiting to see if there's any useful information in my file that will help me find my birth mother. While I wait I've been searching online, reaching out to anyone that may know more then I do, looking for original hospital records and sorting through my own feelings and questions. My main question is "does she want to be found?" and if she doesn't want to be found would that stop me from looking in the hopes that she might feel different now that its 28 years later. I'm not looking to catch up on the past 28 years, invade her current life or even create an ongoing relationship if its not wanted. I just want to thank her and get some medical history if possible. I am curious to know if we look alike, have some similar behaviors or movement patterns. Its interesting that although I've always been grateful for her I've never thought to pray for her... never really cared whether or not she's healthy, safe, alive or even just ok until now. Lately I find myself consumed with thoughts of her, wondering about things that have never crossed my mind before. The more scenarios I come up with about who she might be or how she could be living her life the more thankful I am for being adopted into such an amazing home and being raised by two parents who love me abundantly!
It should be only another week or two before I should hear back about the closed file and whether or not there's anything inside. Until then I productively wait. Stay tuned for a full yet breif report of my history :)
No comments:
Post a Comment