I am hoping you will share in this journey with me... Please keep reading, commenting and sharing your own stories and experiences!
Monday, March 26, 2012
SHE CALLED...
SHE CALLED!!! Friday morning I got a call from the Intermediary who said she had just gotten off the phone with my birth mother. I was so shocked and listened very carefully to every word. My birth mother told the Intermediary person that she was very excited when she got the certified letter, convinced that it was me who was looking for her. She first called her daughter (who's two years older then I am) saying "I think your sister is looking for me". Then she went on to say that she has thought about me for years, wondered what I looked like, how I turned out, that she thought about looking for me but didn't because she didn't know how to go about it and thought that I might resent her. I don't resent her at all... I'm so grateful for the life I've lived and the choice she made to give me life. I was in tears listening to the Intermediary tell me about her conversation. My birth mother asked if I would be interested in meeting and having a relationship with her and my half sister. The Intermediary asked me how I wish to proceed. I was still in shock at that point and told her I would have to take some time to take all this information in before I could make any clear decisions. I was overwhelmed with excitement. I was flooded with new feelings, questions, thoughts, emotions but mostly I'm relieved! I'm just so grateful and relieved that she wants to meet me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you through this process Kendra! I am always amazed at the unselfishness of birth mothers to place for adoption. And so grateful for your parents who have loved and raised you. You are very blessed and I hope this journey continues to go in a positive direction.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Kelley
So happy for you Kendra! Look forward to hearing how things go. I am always amazed at the unselfish gift birth mothers give. Your life is precious! So thankful for her and the incredible parents who have love and support you every single day -- you are blessed!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Ms. Kelley
i am very happy for you! being an adopted person as well, it warms my heart to hear that you have found your birthmother. many well wishes for the future!
ReplyDelete